- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Yankees 1B Teixeira out of lineup 3rd game in row
Question of the Day
ST. LOUIS (AP) - New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira is out of the lineup for the third straight day because of soreness in his surgically repaired right wrist.
Brian McCann started at first base for the first time in his career and batted cleanup Wednesday night in the finale of an interleague series against the St. Louis Cardinals. McCann has four career innings experience at first base earlier this season in three games.
“I wouldn’t make too much of this today,” manager Joe Girardi said. “I’m not looking at this as being an option going forward right now.
“As I’ve said, sometimes as a manager you have to do some things that you don’t necessarily envision.”
Girardi said Kelly Johnson has struggled some at first base but absolved him of blame for one of the two errors that contributed to the Cardinals’ four-run third in a 6-0 loss Tuesday night. Johnson received an off-line throw and attempted to make a sweeping tag in the same motion, and the ball popped loose.
Shortstop Derek Jeter also was not in the lineup, getting a rest after eight straight starts with Brendan Ryan getting a spot start.
“I think he understood what I was trying to do,” manager Joe Girardi said. “We’re in another long streak here, a really long streak.”
Johnson, who played first base the first two games, started at third base.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors