- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Angels place Freese on DL with broken finger
Question of the Day
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) - Third baseman David Freese has been put on the 15-day disabled list by the Los Angeles Angels because of a broken right middle finger.
The move was made Saturday, a day after Freese was hit by a pitch from Texas pitcher Colby Lewis.
Acquired in a November trade with St. Louis, Freese is batting .202 with two homers and eight RBIs.
Los Angeles optioned outfielder J.B. Shuck to Triple-A Salt Lake and recalled infielder Luis Jimenez from their Pacific Coast League club. Shuck was hitting .173 in 19 games with two homers and nine RBIs.
Right-hander Yoslan Herrera was sent outright to Salt Lake and replaced on the 40-man roster by infielder C.J. Cron, whose contract was selected. Cron was taken by the Angels as the 17th overall pick in the 2011 amateur draft. His father, Chris, played with the Angels in 1991 and the Chicago White Sox in 1992.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors