- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Mass. state trooper suspended over drunk driving
Question of the Day
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. (AP) - Massachusetts State Police say a state trooper who was allegedly driving drunk and carrying a handgun when he crashed his car in North Andover has been relieved of duty and his license to carry a firearm has been suspended.
Spokesman David Procopio says state police relieved Trooper Dale Jenkins of duty on Saturday morning, hours after the crash that left his passenger with severe injuries.
North Andover police have charged the trooper with operating under the influence of alcohol and carrying a firearm.
State police say Jenkins was off-duty at the time of the crash, was driving his own car and carrying a personal handgun.
The agency will conduct an administrative hearing to determine Jenkins’ status with the force during his upcoming criminal trial.
Jenkins was injured in the crash is expected to be arraigned next week.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors