- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Ohio panel OKs $814K to upgrade broadband network
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A legislative panel has approved more than $814,000 for Ohio State University to help upgrade part of the backbone of an existing high-speed fiber-optic network that connects Ohio universities and research facilities.
The state Controlling Board approved the spending request.
According to the request, the state funds will be used to buy router and other equipment to upgrade the backbone of the Ohio Academic Resources Network, the data transportation system known as OARnet. The request says the backbone of the broadband network is composed of 1,850 route miles of fiber optic cable.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq