- Troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
Sandberg has adventurous trip to ballpark
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg had an adventurous trip to Citizens Bank Park on Sunday.
With the Broad Street Run tying up many Philadelphia roads, Sandberg’s car service driver took an alternate route to the ballpark from the manager’s Center City residence. But the driver missed the exit for the ballpark and wound up at the Philadelphia International Airport.
Instead of returning to I-95, the driver then tried to reach the ballpark via side roads. However, a traffic jam that was caused by the 10-mile race forced Sandberg to exit the car a mile from the ballpark and take to foot.
The only problem was the manager had to cross Broad Street, which was full of runners, in order to reach his destination.
“It was full strength of runners at that point and there were no gaps,” Sandberg recounted following the Phillies’ 1-0 win over Washington on Sunday. “I talked to the policeman and told him I’ve got to get to the stadium.
“He said, ‘Well, if you want to risk it, you can go and kind of get with the runners and then get across. I actually ran about 50 feet.”
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world