- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
Kansas governor plans motorcycle rally in June
Question of the Day
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback is sponsoring a motorcycle rally in Junction City and a ride through nearby Fort Riley in June to raise money for programs for veterans and scenic highways routes in the area.
The third annual Governor's Freedom Rally is set for June 7 in Heritage Park in Junction City. Each participant must pay a $25 fee, and there's a $10 fee to enter a motorcycle show.
The daylong event will feature a wreath-laying at the local Veterans Memorial, as well as live entertainment, an auction and recognition of wounded veterans.
Brownback is a motorcyclist himself and plans to lead the ride through Fort Riley.
The Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism says it expects more than 1,000 motorcyclists to participate.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq