- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
AP-Washington News Coverage,ADVISORY
Question of the Day
Our news coverage plans Tuesday.
If you have questions or suggestions about the report, please call the Seattle bureau at 206-682-1812 or 1-800-552-7694.
SEATTLE - Climate change is already affecting the Northwest, according to a new federal scientific report released Tuesday. The report says global warming threatens to alter Northwest forests, increase wildfire risk and make coastal communities more vulnerable to rising sea levels. By Phuong Le. UPCOMING: 400 words.
WASHINGTON - Global warming is rapidly turning America the beautiful into America the stormy, sneezy and dangerous, according to a new federal scientific report. And those shining seas. By Science Writer Seth Borenstein. AP Photos WX302, WX301, WX112.
SEATTLE - Four companies want to join the eight others selling health insurance inside Washington’s health insurance exchange and competition in the individual insurance market outside the state-run exchange is also expected to grow this year. By Donna Gordon Blankinship. UPCOMING: 400 words by 2 p.m.
SNOHOMISH COUNTY LANDSLIDE ZONES
EVERETT - There are so many landslide hazards in the Washington county where a mudslide buried dozens of homes that a moratorium on some new-home construction would make most of the unincorporated areas of the county off-limits to builders, Snohomish County officials said. The County Council backed away from a proposal Monday for a moratorium on new homes within a half-mile of known landslide areas.
FROM AP MEMBERS:
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world