- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
Maker of popular beer proposes new building
Question of the Day
STOWE, Vt. (AP) - A Vermont brewery forced to close its Waterbury retail operation because its popularity overwhelmed the neighborhood is seeking a construction permit for a new building in Stowe.
The Alchemist brewery in Waterbury makes Heady Topper. It closed its retail shop in November.
The Stowe site involves buying land from Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa, the Burlington Free Press reported (http://bfpne.ws/1nZZSht).
“We love the spot,” said Alchemist co-owner Jen Kimmich, who runs the brewery with her husband John. “We had a list of criteria we needed for our new brewery, probably a list of 10 different items that were critical. Most important were traffic, access to village water and sewer, and plenty of land for growing hops and cherry trees.”
The application calls for a 14,600-plus-square-foot commercial building for beer production and a retail outlet on a proposed 4-acre site.
The business owners say Heady Topper will continue to be produced at the Waterbury brewery, but the double IPA in the 16-ounce cans will be sold at the retail outlet/visitor center that is part of the proposed project.
Seasonal beers and other brews would be produced at the Stowe brewery.
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq