- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Najar among 23 on Honduras World Cup roster
Question of the Day
The 21-year-old midfielder went to high school in Virginia and played for Major League Soccer’s D.C. United before his transfer to Belgium’s Anderlecht in January 2013. He announced in April 2011 he had chosen Honduras over the U.S., and he has one goal in 15 international appearances.
Eleven players returned from the 2010 roster, including defenders Maynor Figueroa of Hull and Emilio Izaguerre of Glasgow Celtic. There are two newcomers: No. 3 goalkeeper Luis Lopez and defender Juan Pablo Montes.
Honduras has exhibition games on May 29 against Turkey in Washington, D.C.; Israel on June 1 at Houston; and England on June 7 at Miami Gardens, Florida, then plays in Group E with France, Switzerland and Ecuador.
Goalkeepers: Donis Escober (Olimpia), Luis Lopez (Real Espana), Noel Valladares (Olimpia)
Defenders: Brayan Beckeles (Olimpia), Osman Chavez (Qingdao Jonoon. China), Maynor Figueroa (Hull, England), Juan Carlos Garcia (Wigan, England), Emilio Izaguirre (Glasgow Celtic, Scotland), Arnold Peralta (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Juan Pablo Montes (Motagua)
Midfielders: Marvin Chavez (Colorado, MLS).Jorge Claros (Motagua), Roger Espinoza (Wigan), Oscar Boniek Garcia (Houston, MLS), Luis Garrido (Olimpia), Mario Martinez (Real Espana, Honduras), Wilson Palacios (Stoke, England), Andy Najar (Anderlecht, Belgium)
Forwards: Jerry Bengtson (New England, MLS), Carlo Costly (Real Espana), Rony Martinez (Real Sociedad. Spain). Jerry Palacios (Alajuelense)
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq