- The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Suspected Boko Haram gunmen have struck again in northeast Nigeria, kidnapping eight girls in the middle of the night just three weeks after the Islamist terrorists abducted some 220 schoolgirls, police said Tuesday.

Lazarus Musa, a resident of the village of Warabe, told Reuters that armed men had opened fire during the raid.

“They were many, and all of them carried guns. They came in two vehicles painted in army color. They started shooting in our village,” Mr. Musa said.

A police source told the news agency that the girls were taken away on trucks, along with looted livestock and food. They were aged 12 to 15.

Boko Haram claimed responsibility for last month’s attack on a secondary school in Chibok and leader Abubakar Shekau vowed to sell the 220 abducted girls.