- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Tosu beats Kashiwa 1-0 to take lead in J-League
Question of the Day
Ryota Hayasaka put the host on the scoresheet just four minutes in with a right-footed shot from close range, and Tosu held on to improve to one point ahead of Urawa Reds, who were held to 0-0 by Ventforet Kofu.
Tosu joined the top flight in 2012 and has never finished higher than fifth place.
In other matches, Yuki Muto scored the winner in the 76th as Vegalta Sendai edged Vissel Kobe 4-3, while third-place Kashima Antlers were beaten 2-1 at home by Nagoya Grampus. Keiji Tamada and Yoshizumi Ogawa scored for Nagoya, which handed Kashima its third straight loss.
Omiya Ardija beat FC Tokyo 1-0. Albirex Niigata defeated Shimizu S-Pulse 2-1 courtesy of an own goal five minutes into stoppage time.
Yasuhiro Hiraoka equalized for Shimizu in the second minute of stoppage time but Calvin Jong-a-Pin’s clearance attempt went into his own net three minutes later.
Hiroyuki Abe and Shu Kurata scored second-half goals to lead Gamba Osaka to a 3-0 win over last-place Tokushima Vortis, which has just one win in 12 matches.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq