- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Voters oust Ohio lawmaker accused in fraud case
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Voters have ousted a southwest Ohio lawmaker accused of misleading investors about a company’s financial status and using their money for personal gain.
State Rep. Peter Beck of Mason lost his Republican primary on Tuesday for the seat he has held since 2009. The victory went to challenger Paul Zeltwanger, who owns a real estate development company.
Mary Jo Kubicki, a treasurer to state Rep. Ron Maag’s campaign, also sought the nomination.
Beck was indicted in July. He is accused of soliciting and persuading investors to put thousands of dollars into an insolvent software company, stealing money from his accounting firm, and putting investors’ money into his political campaign fund. He has denied the allegations.
Beck was one of 15 GOP incumbent representatives with contested primaries.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq