- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Cops, ATF: Pennsylvania wax plant fire accidental
Question of the Day
SMETHPORT, Pa. (AP) - State and federal fire investigators say an explosion and fire at a northwestern Pennsylvania wax plant was accidental, though they haven’t described the specific cause.
A state police fire marshal says investigators from that agency and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives determined the explosion and fire originated in the filter plant of the International Wax plant near Smethport on Sunday.
One worker was treated and released for a minor injury.
International Group Inc. spokeswoman Heather Meikle says shipping operations have been halted for now at the plant at Routes 44 and 446. The company is still assessing the damage and its cause.
International Group has owned the plant, which employs about 130 people, since 2005. The plant makes petroleum-based wax used in paper cups and plates, tires and candles.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors