- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Nats lose 8-3 to Dodgers in Treinen’s debut
Question of the Day
In the sixth, his glove let him down.
He allowed three unearned runs in five-plus innings.
“If I field that ball to start the sixth there, it might be a totally different ballgame,” said Treinen, who allowed seven hits and no walks, while striking out two.
“It’s been kind of a hit and miss with him because of some need up here and some decisions we had to make,” Williams said of Treinen, who made three relief appearances for the Nationals in April. “So it would be nice to get him on a normal rotation so he can just take it from here, from this start, and move forward.”
Coming off a pair of minor league rehabilitation starts, Kershaw threw 89 pitches and worked out of a pair of jams.
“He was nasty,” Nationals Catcher Jose Lobaton said of Kershaw. “He was right in the zone. He was throwing strikes, aggressive, big curveball. There’s nothing bad that I can say about him.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world