- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
After missing 1st round, Redskins ready to draft
Question of the Day
The Redskins will make their first selection of the 2014 draft on Friday, when they are slated to have the second pick in the second round.
Washington sat out Thursday night’s opening round for the second straight year. Its pick went to the St. Louis Rams to complete the deal that allowed the Redskins to get quarterback Robert Griffin III in 2012.
The Rams used the selection - No. 2 overall - to select Auburn tackle Greg Robinson.
The Redskins currently have six picks, one each in Rounds 2-7. But general manager Bruce Allen said he would like to trade down and acquire more selections unless there’s a compelling player available when the team is on the clock.
AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq