- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Public invited to air views on Jones Beach rehab
Question of the Day
MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) - The public is getting its first opportunity to comment on plans for a five-year $65 million renovation of the historic Jones Beach State Park.
The state Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation is holding a public meeting Thursday at the Nassau County Legislative Building. Parks officials will discuss proposed plans for the landmark Long Island beach.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced plans earlier this year to renovate Jones Beach, which is marking its 85th anniversary.
Officials are looking to improve services and amenities at the beach.
Parks officials say they want the public’s input to be considered when they draw up plans for the renovation.
The meeting runs from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq