- The Washington Times - Monday, November 3, 2014

It’s been 13 years since the Sept. 11 attacks on U.S. soil, but the World Trade Center is up and running again, poised to reopen for business under its new name.

Conde Nast is going to move into One World Trade Center on Monday, Fox News reported.

“The New York City skyline is whole again, as One World Trade Center takes its place in Lower Manhattan,” said Patrick Foye, executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey that owns the building and WTC site, Fox News reported.

The building, a 10-story, $3.9 billion skyscraper, sits atop a 16-acre site — the same spot where more than 2,700 were killed in the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

Mr. Foye said the structure “sets new standards of design, construction, prestige and sustainability,” and that the “opening of this iconic building is a major milestone in the transformation of Lower Manhattan into a thriving 24-7 neighborhood,” Fox News reported.

Conde Nast will be bringing in more than 3,000 employees into the building, which chief Chuck Townsend described as “the most secure office building in American,” Fox News said. About 170 are due to move in Monday.

The building, so far, is 60 percent leased. Among the soon-to-be occupants: the advertising firm Kids Creative, the stadium operator Legends Hospitality, the BMG Group investments adviser and the executive office provider, Servcorp.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide