- Associated Press - Thursday, October 2, 2014

BUTTE, Mont. (AP) - A 30-year-old man was hospitalized in critical condition after an apartment fire in Butte.

Fire Chief John Lasky tells The Montana Standard (http://bit.ly/1ugAWoh) it appears a sofa bed caught on fire because it was too close to a heater. The fire started in a daylight basement and the woman living upstairs reported it just before 4 a.m. Thursday.

No other injuries were reported.

Lasky says the apartment was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived and he suspects the victim suffered from smoke inhalation. The man’s name has not been released.

___

Information from: The Montana Standard, http://www.mtstandard.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide