- Associated Press - Saturday, October 25, 2014

CHICAGO (AP) - A federal judge has sentenced a suburban Chicago man to 17 1/2 years in prison for a murder-for-hire scheme targeting his estranged wife and several of her friends.

Authorities arrested Zenon Grzegorczyk (greh-GOHR’-chek) in 2012 as part of a sting. He had allegedly told undercover officers to “grab” the victims and then “go some quiet place” and burn them alive.

In sentencing the 51-year-old in Chicago on Friday, U.S. District Judge Elaine Bucklo told him, “Other than actually committing the murders, it doesn’t get much more serious than this.” He pleaded guilty earlier this year.

Grzegorczyk allegedly offered to pay $5,000 per person killed. Prosecutors say he initially met the undercover officers to talk about shipping firearms to Poland. He later broached the murder-for-hire plot.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide