- Associated Press - Monday, September 1, 2014

WATFORD CITY, N.D. (AP) - At least 14 people in northwest North Dakota have sought medical treatment after becoming ill following a visit to a laundromat.

The North Dakota Department of Health says exhaust from a malfunctioning boiler was venting into the Watford City facility. Authorities say a mixture of the exhaust, a high concentration of carbon monoxide, and the vapors of graffiti degreaser and a bleach cocktail used to treat clothes, was causing people to become ill.

Authorities say the victims’ illnesses aren’t life threatening.

Emergency personnel responded to the laundromat after receiving a report of a woman who had passed out. She was transported to the hospital, and later, other victims went to or were taken to the hospital from the same laundromat.

The facility’s gas line has been shut off.