- Associated Press - Thursday, September 11, 2014

OLIVET, Mich. (AP) - Officials are trying to determine what sickened dozens of Olivet College students who were taken to hospitals with symptoms that included headaches, dizziness and nausea.

Olivet College spokeswoman Molly Goaley says in a statement that the 55 affected students are back on campus Thursday after being evaluated.

Goaley says students living in Blair Hall, a men’s dormitory, reported feeling ill Tuesday and Wednesday. Some symptoms appeared to be consistent with carbon monoxide exposure and emergency crews responded.

Goaley says Blair Hall has been tested, however, and authorities haven’t found elevated levels of the gas. According to hospital officials, there was no evidence to suggest carbon monoxide exposure and there was no reason to keep students for further assessment.

Students living in Blair Hall currently are staying at Cutler Event Center.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide