- Associated Press - Monday, April 20, 2015

CINCINNATI (AP) - Cincinnati officials say a tree that crashed onto a car and killed the 65-year-old driver had been scheduled to be removed eventually as a preventative measure.

City officials say the pin oak tree that killed Jacqueline Carr on Sunday was inspected by Cincinnati’s urban forestry program in July 2014 with some minor deadwood found in its canopy.

A statement Monday from City Manager Harry Black said trees found to present imminent hazards are removed immediately. But he says the oak tree’s trunk and roots showed no visible evidence of damage or illness.

The city says saturated soil from recent rains and subterranean root decay contributed to the tree’s failure.

Black says he has requested a thorough investigation to determine if anything can be done to prevent similar occurrences.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide