- Associated Press - Thursday, April 9, 2015

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - An Oregon motorist filed a $2.7 million lawsuit against Nissan, alleging he lost an eye after an air bag opened in the car was driving.

The lawsuit was filed in Portland last week on behalf of 19-year-old Jose Luis Rodriguez-Medina. It says the front air bag opened late and struck him in the face with excessive force.

The suit also states the front air bag shouldn’t have opened because it’s useless in a side-impact crash.

A Nissan spokesman told The Oregonian (http://is.gd/w3gs7C ) the company doesn’t comment on pending litigation.

The crash happened in Salem last fall, and Rodriguez-Medina was flown by helicopter to a Portland hospital.

The lawsuit says he suffered a broken bone around his eye socket and a ruptured left eyeball, forcing surgeons to remove the eye.

___

Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide