- Associated Press - Thursday, April 9, 2015

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Authorities say a pet dog died Wednesday in a fire that destroyed a Sandy home.

Firefighters say the blaze started near the back of the house about 10 a.m. Resident Skyler Coomer says she couldn’t breathe when she woke up and heard screaming in the smoke-filled house. She and two others escaped the house, but they couldn’t get a female shih tzu dog out in time.

Sandy Fire Chief Derek Maxfield says the fire caused about $150,000 worth of damage.

The Deseret News reports (http://bit.ly/1Iw1v0z) firefighters are investigating how the blaze started.

___

Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide