- Associated Press - Thursday, December 17, 2015

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Fire officials say a man in his 50s was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after he was shocked by a power line while working outside a Providence home.

WPRI-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1UCS8PV ) the man was operating a lift outside the Pearl Street home Wednesday when he struck a power line carrying 7,200 volts.

The man was transported to a hospital, where he was treated for severe burns.

The multi-family home suffered extensive damage in the incident.

A current ran through the lift’s bucket when it contacted the primary electrical source, traveling down its aluminum grip edges to the home’s gutters. The third floor caught on fire, displacing the home’s six adults and two children.

Battalion Chief William Kenyon says he believes workers were replacing the molding along the home’s roof line.

___

Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide