- Associated Press - Thursday, December 3, 2015

CHICAGO (AP) - More than 100 students and staff members were hospitalized after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected at a school on Chicago’s South Side.

Firefighters and school officials say Horace Mann Elementary was evacuated about 8:30 a.m. after carbon monoxide detectors went off.

School officials say seven staff members and 104 students were taken to hospitals in good condition for precautionary reasons.

Officials say the cause of the gas leak wasn’t immediately determined.

Students were moved to the school’s annex after the evacuation, and classes were to be conducted there for the rest of the day.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide