- Associated Press - Friday, December 4, 2015

MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP) - Officials say more than 30 people who were at a rehearsal for a holiday show in mid-Michigan ended up at hospitals due to a carbon monoxide leak likely from a furnace.

Cynthia Kilmer, the board chair for Friends of the Broadway, says cast and crew were preparing Wednesday for the opening of “A Celebration of Christmas” at the Broadway Theatre in Mount Pleasant when two children became ill and vomited.

Adults also reported not feeling well. Kilmer says the children were taken to an emergency room, where blood tests revealed carbon monoxide exposure. Fire officials evacuated the building and many of those who were there sought testing or treatment.

The Morning Sun reports (http://bit.ly/1NwwPK5 ) Friday’s opening is cancelled and Mount Pleasant High School will now host it Saturday and Sunday.

___

Information from: Morning Sun, http://www.themorningsun.com/

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide