- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 3, 2015

LEWISTON, Maine (AP) - Fire officials say about 75 people fled a Lewiston, Maine, building when snow-clogged rooftop ventilation units caused a spike in carbon monoxide levels.

Maine Public Broadcasting Network (http://bit.ly/1uVgFSA ) reports officials evacuated the building on Tuesday morning. The building is the home of an Internet data protection company, a bowling center and a medical services firm. Lewiston Fire Department Capt. Wallace Veilleux says some people left the building thinking they had symptoms of too much carbon monoxide exposure.

Veilleux says people were able to re-enter the building after it was vented, which took about 2½ hours.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide