- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 4, 2015

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) - A 9-year-old boy suffered serious burns over half his body from a trash fire in the front yard of a Chattanooga home.

The Chattanooga Fire Department says an adult relative was burning trash in the yard of the home in the East Lake neighborhood. Firefighters were told the boy obtained a can of gasoline, but it’s unclear how he was burned.

Firefighters say the boy suffered second- and third-degree burns to about half his body. Crews were called to the scene about 5:50 p.m. on Tuesday.

Chattanooga Fire Lt. Henry McElvain says most of the burns were from the waist down.

The boy was taken to the Children’s Hospital at Erlanger, where he was being treated for his burns. An update on his condition was not available Wednesday morning.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide