- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 15, 2015

DETROIT (AP) - The state is rebuilding a pedestrian bridge over a Detroit freeway that was pulled down last year by a trash truck.

The Detroit News reports (http://bit.ly/1e0P1B5 ) the Michigan Department of Transportation says the cost of the $2.9 million project will be underwritten by federal emergency funds.

The project includes the removal and replacement of old concrete supports for the bridge. The newspaper says the project should wrap up in late September.

The bridge collapsed Sept. 26 onto the Southfield Freeway after the truck struck it. The 54-year-old truck driver died following the crash, which left rush hour traffic snarled.

___

Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide