- Associated Press - Friday, June 19, 2015

LAS VEGAS (AP) - The number of charges has doubled against a Las Vegas school bus driver accused of sexually assaulting 3-year-old girls on his route, as prosecutors announce additional incidents and a third alleged victim in the case.

Police arrested Michael Ray Banco, 55, in May on 19 charges of felony kidnapping, child abuse, child sex assault and lewdness with a child. On Thursday, the Clark County District Attorney’s office filed an amended complaint that now lists 41 such charges.

There were additional incidents on the report involving the two already identified as possible victims, as well as new charges involving another girl in the case. All children were 3 years old, and the incidents took place between Aug. 25, 2014, and May 27, 2015.

There could be more victims, authorities have said.

On June 4, a graphic school bus video was played in court as prosecutors described Banco performing oral sex on a child with special needs in the back row of the parked bus as pedestrians and cars passed by outside.

Bail was set at $3 million, and he continues to be held at the Clark County jail.

Banco could face up to life in prison if he’s convicted.

His defense attorney, Robert Draskovich, couldn’t immediately be reached for comment Friday. But he has previously said his client will plead not guilty.

Clark County School District officials said Banco was considered absent without leave and wasn’t being paid.

His family has said that the Las Vegas man received letters of commendation and thanks from school officials and children. He has no criminal record, and no one has ever alleged misconduct.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide