- Associated Press - Sunday, June 28, 2015

BUTTE, Mont. (AP) - The 64-year-old man who died in a fire at his Butte residence has been identified as Harold Lobb.

Butte-Silver Bow County coroner Lee LaBreche says he believes Lobb died from smoke inhalation as the result of a cigarette that burned in a chair.

The Montana Standard reports (http://bit.ly/1GUnJH6 ) that firefighters found a recliner that was smoldering at Lobb’s home at about 8 a.m. Friday.

LaBreche says the smoke was likely toxic from the smoldering chair. He also said Lobb had health issues.

Firefighters contained the fire to the basement bedroom. Firefighters also found a pack of cigarettes near the chair.

___

Information from: The Montana Standard, http://www.mtstandard.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide