- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 3, 2015

HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP) - A Rockingham County man has died after a kitchen fire in his duplex.

The Daily News-Record (http://bit.ly/1JphBZd ) reports the man died on the scene Tuesday afternoon. Jeremy Holloway, chief of Rockingham County Fire and Rescue, says the blaze started in the kitchen as the man was cooking food. There was no one else in the residence when crews arrived at the scene.

Holloway says the fire caused roughly $20,000 in damage, including smoke damage throughout the home and fire damage to the kitchen.

The Rockingham County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the fire.

___

Information from: Daily News-Record, http://www.dnronline.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide