- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 4, 2015

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The State Bureau of Investigation has released the names of two officers who shot and killed the suspect in the shooting deaths of three people in Tarboro last week.

The SBI said in a statement Wednesday that Tarboro Police Sgt. K.N. Morris and Edgecombe Sheriff’s Deputy D.K. Winders have been placed on administrative leave while the agency investigates the shooting.

Investigators said 40-year-old Ian Trevor Sherrod pointed a gun at the officers when they confronted him and they shot him. Investigators had identified Sherrod as the suspect after talking with witnesses to the shootings in Tarboro on Feb. 28.

The victims were 36-year-old Ventura Sanchez, 28-year-old Ana Marlen Cruz-Franco, 36-year-old George Lee Dickens Jr.

The SBI is investigating Sherrod’s shooting. Tarboro police are investigating the three killings.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide