- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 4, 2015

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - A woman who says a former Royal Sonesta security guard raped her last year during Mardi Gras has filed a lawsuit against the hotel.

According to the lawsuit filed Wednesday, the guard was sent to the woman’s room unsupervised even though she was alone and the man had a previous criminal history.

NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports (http://bit.ly/1M71o9h ) if the hotel did its due diligence, then it knew about his trouble past, hired him anyway and allowed him to enter a woman guest’s room alone. If it didn’t subject him to a proper background check, the lawsuit said, then the hotel is guilty of negligence.

The woman’s attorney, Gloria Allred, calls the guard a “dangerous thug.”

The hotel, in a statement, denied wrongdoing and disputed the woman’s account.

___

Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide