- Associated Press - Thursday, March 5, 2015

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - San Jose police say descriptions from alert residents helped lead to the arrest of a suspect and three accomplices in a string of at least eight home burglaries.

The Mercury News reported Wednesday (https://bayareane.ws/1EQa8Ai) that 19-year-old Marco Antonio Cortez and three other male teens - ages 18, 17, and 15 - were taken into custody last week.

Officer Albert Morales says the four are suspected in seven burglaries in San Jose and one in Sunnyvale dating back to 2013.

Morales says investigators were able to track down Cortez after Almaden Valley residents witnessed the tail end of a home break-in last month. The residents gave police descriptive details of the intruders and their getaway car.

Cortez is the only suspect linked to all eight burglaries. It wasn’t immediately known if he or the others have lawyers.

___

Information from: San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News, https://www.mercurynews.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide