- The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly says the allegations reported by Gawker that he choked his ex-wife and dragged her down a staircase before they divorced in 2011 is “100% false.”

“All allegations against me in these circumstances are 100% false,” the Fox News host said in a statement to Politico, issued through his personal attorney. “I am going to respect the court-mandated confidentiality put in place to protect my children and will not comment any further.”

Citing a source familiar with the facts of the case, Gawker reported Monday that Mr. O’Reilly had been accused of physical assault during a three-year custody battle with his ex-wife, Maureen McPhilmy.

“A court-appointed forensic examiner testified at a closed hearing that O’Reilly’s daughter claimed to have witnessed her father dragging McPhilmy down a staircase by her neck, apparently unaware that the daughter was watching,” the report said. “The same source indicated that the daughter, who is 16 years old, told the forensic examiner about the incident within the past year.”

Mr. O’Reilly’s custody dispute with Ms. McPhilmy ended three weeks ago, with his ex winning custody of their two children, Politico reported.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide