- Associated Press - Friday, November 13, 2015

BOSTON (AP) - A judge will hear arguments next month on Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s request for a new trial.

Tsarnaev’s lawyers said in a motion filed in August that he did not get a fair trial in Boston. They argued jurors could not be objective, because of widespread outrage in the city after the attack. They asked for a different location for a trial.

On Friday, U.S. District Judge George O’Toole Jr. scheduled a hearing for Dec. 1.

Tsarnaev was convicted earlier this year and sentenced to death in the 2013 bombing that killed three people and injured more than 260.

During the trial, his lawyers acknowledged he and his brother carried out the double bombing, but they said the brother was the mastermind. Tamerlan Tsarnaev died after a police shootout.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide