- Associated Press - Saturday, November 7, 2015

MAPLEWOOD, Minn. (AP) - A 31-year-old man is dead after an apparent home invasion in Maplewood.

Police and paramedics were called to the home in the eastern Twin Cities just before 5 a.m. Saturday on a report that a resident had been shot. Authorities arrived to find the man dead of a gunshot wound.

Maplewood Police Chief Paul Schnell says officers found fresh pry marks on a back door of the home. Schnell says a woman was in another area of the home at the time of the shooting and was not hurt. She is being questioned by investigators.

Schnell says the shooting did not appear to be random.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press (http://bit.ly/1WHRbFx) reports police searched the area but have not made any arrests.

___

Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, http://www.twincities.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide