- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 14, 2016

BOSTON (AP) - A prosecutor says a youth whose body was discovered in a Boston salt marsh last week has been identified as a 16-year-old city boy who was reported missing last month.

Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley announced Wednesday that family members identified the boy, whose body was found Friday by passersby in the Belle Isle Marsh Reservation in East Boston. Conley says the boy was from East Boston.

Authorities are not releasing the boy’s name because the medical examiner’s office has not yet ruled on the cause and manner of death.

Relatives reported the boy missing on Nov. 13.

Officials say the boy’s death does not appear to be connected with random violence or any ongoing threat to public safety.

State police are investigating.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide