- Associated Press - Thursday, February 11, 2016

PLEASANT RIDGE, Mich. (AP) - Police say a 61-year-old woman died and her husband was sickened after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at their home in suburban Detroit.

Pleasant Ridge Police Chief Kevin Nowak tells The Detroit News that crews responded around 12:30 a.m. Thursday to the home and found the woman dead in the living room. Nowak says the woman’s 61-year-old husband was treated at the scene.

Nowak says the fire department found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the home. WWJ-AM reports an autopsy is planned to confirm cause of death.

Nowak says investigators are working to determine the source of the carbon monoxide, but he noted there were no signs of foul play.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide