- Associated Press - Friday, January 29, 2016

GREENFIELD, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities have identified a man killed when an upstate New York home caught fire.

The fire broke out around 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Saratoga County town of Greenfield, 30 miles north of Albany.

State police say Greenfield firefighters found 55-year-old Richard Jones dead at the home. Troopers say Jones, the homeowner, died from smoke inhalation.

Greenfield Fire Department Chief Justin Burwell has said the home was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived. Crews needed about 25 minutes to contain the fire after knocking it down

Investigators believe an accidental electrical overload sparked the blaze. The ranch-style home was badly damaged.

Town Councilman Walter Chandler tells the Times Union of Albany that Jones had been a plumber.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide