- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 5, 2016

NAMPA, Idaho (AP) - Fire officials say a Nampa home has been destroyed by a fire that killed two pets inside the residence and displaced a family of four.

KBOI-TV reports (http://bit.ly/29sn9JG ) that crews say the Monday morning blaze started in the garage and spread to other parts of the house. The residence has been deemed unlivable due to heavy smoke damage.

Everyone inside the home made it out safely. One person had burns on his hand and suffered from smoke inhalation, but was not hospitalized.

Crews say a dog and cat were found dead inside.

Investigators are working to determine what caused the fire and are looking into whether fireworks were a factor. The family reported leaving some fireworks in a bucket of water in the garage.

___

Information from: KTVB-TV, http://www.ktvb.com/

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide