- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 5, 2016

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pittsburgh fire officials say nobody was hurt when a propane tank exploded in a home where a man was cutting the top off the tank before recycling it.

John Kosakowsky heard a hiss after cutting a cap on the tank Monday afternoon. When he left the basement, the tank exploded. Fire officials think a natural gas furnace nearby might have ignited the remaining gas in the propane tank.

Kosakowsky has lived in the home for 28 years with his wife, who was shopping at the time.

The explosion blew out their front picture window and front door but spared their six pet birds.

City fire officials say they need to inspect the home and some adjoining row houses to make sure they’re safe to continuing occupying.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide