- Associated Press - Thursday, June 9, 2016

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - A 90-year-old woman has died after a house fire in Jackson.

Local news agencies report that Hinds County Coroner Sharon Grisham Stewart says Thelma Roberts passed away Wednesday due to smoke inhalation.

Deputy Chief Marcus Davis with the Jackson Fire Department says crews were called to the home that morning for a report of a fire.

Firefighters rescued Roberts from the home after she became trapped inside. She was taken to the hospital.

WAPT-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1PKrZkm) fire officials believe something left cooking on the stove may have been to blame for the fire.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide