- Associated Press - Thursday, June 9, 2016

CINCINNATI (AP) - The family of a man fatally shot by Cincinnati police last year has filed a lawsuit.

The federal lawsuit claims police used excessive force when 22-year-old Quandavier (kwan-DAY’-vee-ur) Hicks was shot and killed.

Authorities say Hicks was shot in June 2015 after he pointed a loaded rifle at officers responding to a 911 call from a woman who said he was threatening her. Investigators say an officer tried to grab the muzzle of a rifle that Hicks pulled out after officers knocked on a door, and another officer opened fire on Hicks.

Hicks family attorney Rob Linneman says Hicks feared for his safety the night he was shot and had been threatened prior to officers arriving.

A police spokeswoman said Thursday the city hadn’t been served with the lawsuit.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide