- Associated Press - Friday, May 13, 2016

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A coroner says the February death of a Fort Worth-area toddler was from hyperthermia and her parents say the heating system malfunctioned.

WFAA-TV (http://bit.ly/1R0XqRa) reported Thursday that the parents of 1-year-old Sammie Volmert say the temperature in her room topped 100 degrees. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office listed the cause of death as accidental exposure to hyperthemic conditions.

Larry Volmert says he noticed it seemed very hot upstairs on Feb. 29 when he checked on Sammie.

The parents say the thermostat for Sammie’s room was at 72 degrees when she was put to bed the night before. Keri Volmert says her daughter did not make any noise overnight. The downstairs has a separate heating system.

The Volmerts are trying to make sure other parents use baby monitors with temperature sensors.

___

Information from: WFAA-TV, http://www.wfaa.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide