- Associated Press - Thursday, May 5, 2016

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - The criminal case for a man who authorities say was living in the barracks with soldiers from 3rd Special Forces Group has been continued.

The Fayetteville Observer reports (http://bit.ly/1SRx2LF) the case of Triston Marquell Chase was on the docket for Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Fayetteville, but it was continued for a fourth time. A deputy clerk said the case can be continued up to six times. The new court date is June 1.

On Dec. 12, Chase was charged with multiple offenses, including driving while impaired. His arrest led officials to the discovery that he was in the barracks. That was based on an Army investigation which the newspaper obtained last month.

The report said officials at 3rd Group said the man wasn’t a member of their group.

___

Information from: The Fayetteville Observer, http://www.fayobserver.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide