- The Washington Times - Monday, April 17, 2017

Glenn Beck has filed a counter lawsuit against Tomi Lahren, claiming the conservative firebrand still remains employed by The Blaze network despite her recent lawsuit for wrongful termination.

Mr. Beck and The Blaze filed the complaint Monday in a Dallas County court, LawNewz.com reported. The suit accuses Ms. Lahren of being a constant headache at The Blaze for “complaining about everything” and being rude to staff. It also alleges that Ms. Lahren “embarrassed the company and many of its staff and other personalities” because her statements on air were “uninformed and inconsistent.”

The countersuit comes after Ms. LahrensuedMr. Beck and The Blaze for wrongful termination after she was suspended indefinitely and allegedly locked out of her Facebook page following pro-choice comments she made on ABC’s “The View.”

Mr. Beck’s lawsuit says Ms. Lahren’s comments painting small-government conservatives who oppose abortion as hypocrites was simply the last straw in her tumultuous relationship with The Blaze.

“Her comments on The View (which demonstrated a apparent flip-flop from opinions she had previously expressed) were simply the latest in a series of events that led TheBlaze management to conclude that TheBlaze did not intend to extend her contract beyond the end of its term in September 2017,” the lawsuit states.

It also says that while Ms. Lahren has been taken off the air, she is still employed and being paid by The Blaze and still has access to her Facebook page that The Blaze “created and maintains.”

The lawsuit also accuses Ms. Lahren of breaching her employment agreement by speaking to the press. It seeks a temporary restraining order and temporary injunctive relief prohibiting Ms. Lahren from speaking in public without The Blaze’s approval, as stipulated in her contract, as well as preventing her from making disparaging comments about Mr. Beck and The Blaze, LawNewz.com reported.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide