- Associated Press - Thursday, January 19, 2017

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - A Riverside County fifth grader who drafted a list of classmates’ names labeled a “kill list” will not be returning to school in the wake of complaints from other parents.

The Press-Enterprise reports (http://bit.ly/2k7gGbc ) that Riverside Unified School District Superintendent David Hansen said Wednesday that the student who drafted the list won’t be back at Lake Mathews Elementary School in the 2016-17 school year. An investigation into the list of names determined no one at the school was in danger.

The student had been expected to return to school Wednesday after serving a two-day suspension but dozens of parents threatened to keep their kids out of school unless he was expelled.

Hansen did not say where the student will be educated. He says student privacy laws prevent him from sharing more details.

___

Information from: The Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide